Tuesday 1 March 2011

AAAA-AAAA-aaaa experimentation (self portrait as therapy) after Marina Abromavic

Aaaa-Aaaa-Aaaa experimentation (Self Portrait after Marina Abramovic) from Elizabeth Ophelia Alice Rose on Vimeo.


An experimentation after Marina Abromavic's  and Ulay's work "AAA AAA".
A piece of work in it's own right - as a performer and an artist I justify remaking other artists work by placing myself within it in order to create something new or contrasting. None of us can do anything the same. I am not stealing a concept but trying to "feel" it. A performer plays a character.. perhaps I am the generic character of an artist?

This is obviously also personal and a self-portrait as I am in it. The screaming is an emotion although the lack of words takes out language. The scream is universal. With the scream we revert to animalistic qualities .. the reaction can be disturbing or humorous. For me... I am not objective so I would liek some feedback.

This was just an experimentation. The setting is wrong.. it was cold and windy. The clothes wrong... (we were cold) but it still has the raw humanistic and natural qualities. I would like to experiment with removing sound but for now here goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment