Monday 2 November 2009

I still want to be a pre-raphaelite...but romanticism just isn't cool anymore!

These paintings still embodies everything fantasy is or could be... open up the whole movement and the possibilities are STILL endless. Beaty isn't dead...

Ophelia Sir John Everett Millais (she has my name and I tried to be her for a very long time...i was jelous of a painting but she was teh super model of the time "lizzie")
but they just don't teach you to paint anymore...
Mermaids Waterhouse ... this exhibition actually made me stand there and cry..they are more beautiful than you can every imagine in being. (In date, techinically not a pre-raphaelite... but at heart he was all there)

Waterhouse

Waterhouse

Waterhouse

Waterhouse

Waterhouse

Rossetti
Maybe it's just magic and my obsession with fairytales but i love these paintings. I think it is a case of defining identity through fantasy... these images can still be used somehow. We aren't classical artists but all ideas start somwhere... and mine are often here.

3 comments:

  1. Waterhouse=LOVE

    you sent me that little mermaid picture and i love it...all the pictures just remind me of medieval magic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and this is why we are friends... we both are medieval!!!
    flollow me..and as soon as you write something i will follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i shall...although this may end up going in the same direction as all my diaries and me not writing like anything or me forgetting i have it...but i shall :D

    ReplyDelete