Wednesday 1 September 2010

On not having a camera.... (and reading)

I just spent the whole of Reading festival whithout a camera... whithout taking a single picture... without stepping back for a second. This is not me!
I am telling you it was hard... I gazed at things loningly... wishing to magic a camera in thin air; a pile of rubbish that looked like a corpse, licking flames, seas of mud, spotty socks.... but to no avail!Thse pictures are stuck in my mind.
I decided uite erly n to not take eithr of my SLR's ..this would be stupid, although, lookingback I feel like nothing woul have happened to them I wouldn;t have been able to mosh to gallows, stand in the rain, roll on the floor... do anything whithout risking my cameras life! I did attempt at taking an old compact camera but it didn; work and after a breaf moment of error I decided to challenge myself and yes I am pleased I survived. Actually, it as probably a good thing for the rest of he world; no enless pictures of me and alex documnting our looks!
On Reading.... Ok it was Reading! nortunatey the ay before I went and the day I went it rained and it fucking poured... I dreaded it..stepping into the mud.. beign continuosly cold, sleepingin a deep brown sludgy mess... and yes was liek this but I had alex to kep me going. I can not explain how lovely it was tosnuggle up in a tent with the person you love knowing that if it wasn't for him you would be hating every second instead of feeling comfortably warm inside.
Reading passed incredily quickly... I flited between tipsy and sober danced, danced, danced.
Highlights would be the incredible Adam Green who's theatricallnes live is unmissable. He as amazing! A "cabaret strokes"... utterly hilarious! Libertines took my breath away! Oh Pete is amazing a absolute genious but one prolem; why is he getting so massively fat? I know it is politically horrible but he is starting to look like he has Down's Syndrome??? Sorry!!!
Arcade Fire where spell binding... everyone was still a total silent audience swept in by their magic. Unfortunately Alex missed them! Being us.. we are bith way too emotional and the tiredness and hunger cret in and Alex freaked out when he couldn't find me and missed the whole set. I feel terrible because they are his favourite and I spent the vast majority of it in silent tears but all is mended apart from the fact that he missed one of the best gigs I have ever been to!
Fools gold and Harlem where lovely... aart fom the ound levls all wrong! Gallows mad! Yes " I ain't know puss and am mental!" I divied into the crow fully attired in roses and threw myself about to my hearts contenet... went down down down and up up up. Caribou my knew favourite band... were good but not as good as at Field Day and The Drums...unfortuantly I would rather not mention them!
I moaned about stid things light heartedley but had a fab time... emotionally it was a rollercoasted but so is my life. Me and Alex were well me and Alex...
unftuantely occasionally we turn into not me and Alex and that is when the problems start... we are determined to changead sort out our ridiculous moods and destructive behaviour. We love each ther more than anything ..unfortunately ocassinally we feel too much! lso unfortuanely we are bith extrememley skinny adn our most notable problem is hunger. Despite stuffing myself with crisps, nuts, chocolate, fruit, sweets, coffee, cheese, chips, chilli, noodles, chicken and crepes... as much food as I could get my hands on... (Plus the alchohol) I still mamaged to loose five pounds in four days and ws constantly starving. I have this problem wher eI just need to eat and eat and eat! Alex on th other had..just an;t be bothered to eat... or gets beligerant and wot.. thisis when our bodies get desperate and we "loose" it. At least we know this....
But hey I had a fab time.. and here is to mud, starvation, smelly toilets, arguments.,spilt drinks. love, tent sex, being lost, overpriced food, over emotions, tiredness, alcohol, fires, sore feet, snuggling, wetness, coldness, talking, dancing and fucking good music!!!

2 comments:

  1. I definately walked past you around the panini place to the left of the mainstage

    ReplyDelete