Thursday 7 October 2010

The Ghost of Alexander McQueen


... so Alexander McQueen the lable lives on!
I don't know quite what to think. I always saw Alexander McQueen as some kind of GOD so maybe even the name brings some kind of "it must be good to it" but this collection by Sarah Burton is far from my favourite ( although good). I defenately got more interested in the show as it weat on and McQueen style as evident so "it must be good". I think the whole show is a bit bland in pesentation but the pieces (or at least some) are fantastic - you can see why the last dress got an applause. I don't like the track or the influences ( I;m guessing (tribal/ nature/ medieval) but structure still rules and th butterflies, feathers and hair are awesome! I like the black I like the white... I will always hate brown but you see where it is coming from. I am not a fan of trouser suits but some are!... the collection is vast and varied. You can see how this is easily traslatable and the shoes are all fantastic.
It is a hard job carryng out McQueen's legacy and not one to be taken lightly.. I think the question remains what will now happen?... but well done SARAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment