Monday 15 August 2011

The Enchanted Palace and Afternoon Tea

Yesterday I had a magical day with my mother and sister starting with a picnic in Kensington Gardens, a visit around the Enchanted Palace and afternoon tea in the orangery. It is no lie that I love all things fairytale and that I love sweet treats even more!
   Living in East London I sometimes feel quite stifled by the endless grey, crumbling, dirt and decline so although it wasn't quite an escape to the country it was a journey to the beautiful. The Enchanted Palace was an interesting mix of the quirky, the factual, the artistic and the Kitsch. I didn't really know what to expect but I enjoyed looking around and the fun nature ( I can still get lost in childhood games) of the visit. Some of the set up was a bit on the odd side... or the irritating but there was definitely something for everyone.
  Afternoon tea in the orangery was divine and the queue worth the wait. I wish I was a princess and could drink chocolate tea and eat fresh meringues and cream every day in a palace.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment