Monday 8 August 2011

Field Day photos and The Story Of Corn Star...

Field Day was amazing this year but there were way too many good bands to see. The music was definitely bang on trend and the synthesiser and MAC book was everywhere. It was hard to escape the "ambient noise" but this is what NOW is all about. I am not complaining. Just a very obvious fact. 
  Highlights music wise would be Creep, Zola Jesus (simply outstanding live), Warpaint (blurry dream), James Blake and THE HORRORS. What can I say.... BEAUTIFUL. I am glad to say I am still not too old to head bang in the front row and still enjoy jumping around with sweaty boys. The Horrors were a proper band with proper instruments and ... well this is what makes me go weak at the knees! 
  We managed to get free drinks for the entire festival due to friends with passes and free promotions. Actually I discovered a very nice whisky blend beer...  which I love! Much better than the San Miguel.. whatever it was all free!
   The whole atmosphere was pretty fun even if the weather was a little cold. It was so much busier last year and felt like a proper dirty festival!. . . Me and Tim even tried to enter a corn eating competition to win a guitar! Alas to no avail (WE WOULD SO HAVE WON IT) .. only three entrants actually participated and apparently my name (it had to be corn related) of CORN STAR wasn't the best. . . hmm. I think it was epic. I am still disappointed. My 20p tom-bola whistle didn't quite make up for it!

As much beer as you can drink

Warpaint
Witchouse!!!!
Warpaint


The Horrors LOVE








Alex festival style




Me and Tim LOVE
Creep


The Village Green
The perfect too expensive jacket
Sauve
20p tombola

Toilet love
Bum obsession
Witchouse!!!!
Glitter Beard
Bowie
Field Day
Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment