Sunday 28 August 2011

Miro at The Tate Modern

It has taken me a while to do this post and I am not even sure why.
The main thing I have to say is that I (personally) loved this exhibition - the reason that this is the main thing that I had to say is because - I really didn't think I would. I have to be honest, most of the Tate's exhibitions disapoint me. I find the curation frustrating and all too obvious and everything a bit dry - especially with their "Painting" exhibitions. . . but I have fallen in love with Miro and have to say (possibly with painting again!)
  The retrospective was huge and the work vast - it was not a sparse exhibition and this was great. All the work was so vibrant and energetic - it screamed Barcelona at the viewer - something that excites me personally  (maybe a romantic attachment) - I don;t know what it was but this exhibition made me feel happy. I never really understood why anyone would really "buy" a painting - but you know what - I would fill my house with Miro's if I could!

The Head of a Catalan Peasant
Dog Barking at The Moon

The Hope of a Condemned Man

Burnt Canvas
"The Most Surreal Of Us All" Andre Breton on Miro

No comments:

Post a Comment