Thursday 15 September 2011

Chapman at Mason's Yard. Cliche all the way.

You may remember that I was absolutely mad about the Jake or Dinos Chapman exhibition at The White Cube in Hoxton Square so I fully expected Mason's yard to be fantastic too. What a disappointment!
It verged on the tacky, crude and gaudy. Was kitsch in a bad way and just NOT COOL. Maybe my tastes have done a U-Turn and it was still disturbing. But for the wrong reasons.
  I was quite impressed by the Bosch style painting.. the guys have talent and the drawing was almost exquisite but the model of the CLAN member with a massive hard - on. Not good.  :(
   I was impressed by the Hoxton Square show because of it' slack of cliche. Mason's Yard was the opposite. Maybe still worth a viewing... who knows. It's free...

No comments:

Post a Comment