Tuesday 13 September 2011

True Love

"I like it. I'm not gonna crack.
I miss you. I'm not gonna crack. 
I love you.I'm not gonna crack. 
I killed you. I'm not gonna crack."
                                       Lithium , Nirvana








Nirvana In Bloom: Nevermind Exhibition
The Loading Bay Gallery, Brick Lane. 

Standing surrounded my Nirvana Memorabilia, lyrics, sound and video made me well up. I got hot flushes, dizziness, butterflies... I could hardly breathe. I will always be truly truly in love with Kurt Cobain. On the 20th anniversary of NeverMind (which is the same age as me!) Nirvana changed history and made themselves remembered for ever. As the exhibition put it this is not because of Kurt's history or his tragic death this is the shear power and uncontrollable beauty of his lyrics and music. It is literally breathtaking.  Watching their last gig at Reading I could not help but feel like I was in heaven. Raw emotion. That is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment