Friday 22 July 2011

It is no secret I still want to run away with the circus...

I always have. I always will. And I will always hate my parents for not forcing me to go to circus school from the age of three... (only joking - I love them really)!
  However I do suffer from a major problem - whenever I go to see a play, a circus show, a concert... a cabaret I watch it, enjoy it and become consumed with jealousy that I am not in it.
  "Circa" by Wunderkammer at the Barbican was no exception. It really was a stunning, hilarious and talented performance. The amazing thing about this show was it's light heartedness. The acrobatics were exquisite but it was performed playfully. There was no elitism in the movement but a humbleness in the way it was presented - the troupe didn't take themselves seriously (in a good way) and this made the show.

"In this exquisite cabaret of the senses, a diva melts into a rope, balloons and bubble wrap discover their artistic souls while bodies twist and fly.  Seven performers of unbelievable ability bend the very fabric of reality. Sexy, funny and explosive, Circa presents a breathless cocktail of new circus, cabaret and vaudeville.  Control and abandon, skill and humour, lyricism and anarchy all meld into a sinuous fugue of profound beauty. "



Oh and not forgetting I do like a bit of nudity. It always goes down well and this was an excellent chance to perve.

No comments:

Post a Comment