Thursday 7 April 2011

Pete Doherty at The Heroes Bar

This one was nostalgic.
I wasn't even that excited about it...
Had gone off Pete a bit since his comeback and maybe since I wasn't so young anymore.
But Oh Oh dear. He still has it.
A pretty epic gig! And he still makes me go weak at the knees... (didn't look that bad (compared to what I had built up in my head!)

I was lucky enough to attend a very intimate small gig at the newly opened Heroes bar in Camden.
Pete played a long, coherent and beautiful acoustic set. The atmosphere was wonderful and the crowd very friendly and fun (of course there were the drunken desperate girls but that was probably me a year ago... or maybe me even now if I hadn't been stone cold sober (which is a good thing - I am trying to abstain from these things!)
  Alex took me. I was worried. I didn't know how it would turn out but I can honestly say we had a GREAT time. . . as always he treated me like a princess and I am very happy to say we can remain best of best of best of friends. Unfortunately I got my phone stolen in McDonald's, it  makes me feel pretty tragic... I hadn't had a drop to drink which means I must just be plain stupid.
 
It is refreshing to be in Camden. It is so different from the east and I felt truly happy for the first time in well ... ages. Peaches and Wolf man sat in the corner with some slightly cringey dancers, we got ridiculously sweaty... as you must at a "Pete" gig and suprisingly he was playing by ten and everything went pretty smoothly for me to get the last train home. Wow it was good :)

Some pictures (pretty poor quality) -






No comments:

Post a Comment